Behind the Steam: A Collection Exploration Speaker Series
Free for Members, $5 General Admission
LIMITED TIME: Purchase the series for the year for only $30!
Every third Thursday of the month at 7:00 pm
What will you find when you go “behind the steam” with us at the Marshall Steam Museum? Join us every month for the next year as we take a close look at a special item in our collection and then zoom out for a larger discussion with experts and enthusiasts. Our collection goes beyond Stanley steam cars, so tune in every month to see what interesting items we uncover!
This program is currently VIRTUAL, so be sure to join us online! You must register in advance to attend the virtual program, which can be done at the links below.
Recordings of each program will be made available and can be accessed for the cost of admission (or free for members).
**Members: Please be sure to scroll down to select the “MEMBERS Behind the Steam” program and sign in to reserve your spot!**
- Behind the Steam: Golden Age of Radio, February 18 at 7 pm
- We will be taking a close look at our Westinghouse Radio and its connection to bringing radio into the mainstream. We’ll be joined by Donna Acerra, Professor of Communication at Northampton Community College. She was recently co-curator of “Don’t Touch that Dial: 100 Years of Radio” with the National Museum of Industrial History in Bethlehem, PA. Donna will use our radio as a jumping off to point to discuss the beginning of the “Golden Age of Radio.”
- Behind the Steam: Mountain Wagons, March 18 at 7 pm
- Did you know that the Stanley Motor Carriage Company produced a steam-powered bus in 1909? Join the Marshall Steam Museum for a joint talk with Laura Giner, Program Director at the Collection on Palmetto as we compare our own Mountain Wagon wonders!
- Stay tuned for more events! This program runs the whole year and new topics will be released for the next three months in early 2021.
We are always looking for new ideas and partners! Email email@example.com to connect.