Behind the Steam: A Collection Exploration Speaker Series
Free for Members, $5 General Admission
Every third Thursday of the month at 7:00 pm
What will you find when you go “behind the steam” with us at the Marshall Steam Museum? Join us every month for the next year as we take a close look at a special item in our collection and then zoom out for a larger discussion with experts and enthusiasts. Our collection goes beyond Stanley steam cars, so tune in every month to see what interesting items we uncover!
This program is currently VIRTUAL, so be sure to join us online! You must register in advance to attend the virtual program, which can be done at the links below.
Recordings of each program will be made available and can be accessed for the cost of admission (or free for members).
**Members: No need to register! Click here to go to the Members Only page to access live and recorded Behind the Steam programs.**
- Behind the Steam: Mountain Wagons, March 18 at 7 pm
- Did you know that the Stanley Motor Carriage Company produced a steam-powered bus in 1909? Join the Marshall Steam Museum for a joint talk with The Collection on Palmetto and Seal Cove Auto Museum as we compare our own Mountain Wagon wonders!
- Behind the Steam: Luxurious Packards, April 15 at 7 pm
- “Ask the Man Who Owns One” is the iconic phrase associated with the Packard brand. Discover the history and highlights of rare and interesting Packards in this joint program between the Gilmore Car Museum and the Marshall Steam Museum.
- Stay tuned for more events! This program runs the whole year and new topics will be released for the next three months in early 2021.
We are always looking for new ideas and partners! Email email@example.com to connect.